No one wants to think that something bad is going to happen to them while traveling, so taking out an insurance policy is sometimes pushed aside in the hope that you won't need one. Travel insurance is usually the last thing on people’s mind when they are booking a trip, but can turn out to be the most important thing to have when you are in a crisis situation. I believed that peace of mind is priceless so?? before executing?? a long planned trips going out of the country, I decided to get travel insurance from Blue Cross Philippines covering my first six months of travel.
Here are some advantages of booking travel insurance:
- Medical Treatment – The most obvious advantage is that if you fall sick on your trip, you will be covered for any medical care you need.
- Hospital Income – This provides a daily allowance while you were in the Hospital
- Personal Accident -.This means that if you get hurt or die during your trip, you will be given some amount of money.
- Personal Liability – This gives you cover in case you hurt a third party or damage any property.
- Baggage Delay – This covers you when your checked-in baggage has been delayed, misdirected.
- Baggage Loss or Damage – This covers your belongings while on the trip.
- Trip Cancellation/Termination – This covers any costs of you having to change the duration of your trip.
- Flight Delay – This reimburses your incurred expenses if your flight is delayed by more than 12 hours due to severe weather conditions.
- Strikes & Hijacks – This provides a daily allowance?? if your travel is delayed for more than 12 hours from reaching your scheduled destination due to organized industrial action, strike or hijack.
- Emergency Assistance Benefits – This include Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation, Return of Minor Children, Compassionate?? Visit, Transportation of Mortal Remains.
Although I have listed the standard covers, many policies offer you the opportunity to modify the policy either by adding on cover or by removing sections of cover.
While I am applying for my travel insurance, The salesman informed me that I can also be an affiliate if I opt to. Then I realized that it would be a great opportunity to earn income to support my travels.?? So if anyone of you is planning a trip and want to have a?? worry free holidays. Make sure you avail a travel insurance, you never know when you will need it, but you will be grateful you have it, if you have an accident.